Japan’s eleventh Minister of Defence takes MAST Asia 2015 Chairmanship
We are delighted that Japan’s former Minister of Defence, Professor Satoshi Morimoto, has confirmed leadership for next year’s MAST Asia (Yokohama, Japan).
Under his expert guidance the event will take place at the waterfront facilities of the Pacifico Yokohama (close to the US Navy 7th Fleet Command and Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force bases in Yokosuka) between 13th and 15th May.
Professor Satoshi Morimoto currently serves as National Security & Defense Policy Specialist at Takushoku University.
Prior to this he was:
- 11th Minister of Defense (2012.6–12)
- Special Adviser to the Minister of Defense (2009.8–9)
- Lecturer at Sacred Heart University and Keio-University, Chuo-University (1995–2005)
- Senior Researcher at NRI (Nomura Research Institute) (1992–2000)
Earlier in his career, he held several positions in the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs, including Director of the Consular and Migration Policy Division (1991–1992), Director of the Security Policy Division in the Bureau of Information Analysis, Research and Planning (1987–1989). He served as Counselor at the Japanese Embassy in Nigeria (1985–1989) and as First Secretary at the Japanese Embassy in the United States (1981–1985). He was a Senior Fellow at the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University (1980–1981) and Senior Guest Researcher at the Brookings Institution (1981–1982). Prior to joining the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, he served the Japanese Self Defense Air Force (1965–1979). He is a graduate of the National Defense Academy (1965).
MAST Asia 2015 will be the first ever international maritime security exhibition and conference to take place in Japan, and is sure to be a huge success: ahead of producing any marketing material, several US and European companies have already contacted the MAST sales team to confirmed their support as sponsors/exhibitors.
- A strictly limited number of Lead Sponsorships for this “first in class” event are offered now: contact [email protected] at the earliest opportunity to take the lead in this historic event.