General Atomics confirm prominence in MAST Toulon
Manufacturer of the EMALS (Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System), General Atomics will take the spotlight in Toulon as sponsor, most notably for involvement in France’s PANG (porte avions nouvelle génération), next generation aircraft carrier programme.
EMALS uses electromagnetic technology to launch aircraft from the deck of naval aircraft carriers and offers significant benefits over current launch procedures.
- Increased launch operational ability
- Flexible architecture to suit different platforms
- Capable of launching wide range of aircraft weights
- Reduced manning and lifecycle cost
- Reduced thermal signature
- Reduced topside weight and installed volume
Visit General Atomics at MAST 2021 this October in Toulon.