Lockheed Martin takes summit of MAST Asia 2017 sponsorships
As MAST’s sales team start follow-up calls with prospective MAST Asia 2017 exhibitors, last year’s main sponsor – Lockheed Martin – has again claimed Platinum Sponsorship for MAST Asia 2017 to be held on 12–14 June in Tokyo – Japan’s only international defence trade-show.
Japan is Lockheed Martin’s largest international market, and boasts a diverse product portfolio that mirrors the domains and expertise of MAST Asia participants, including maritime surveillance, air and missile defence, satellites, and much more. <!?p>
Current programmes to Japan’s self defence forces include:
- Aegis Weapon Systems
- F-35A Lightning II conventional takeoff and landing (CTOL) fighter jet
- F-35 EOTS infrared sensors
- GX Rocket
- Longbow Fire Control Radar (FCR), in partnership with Northrop Grumman
- M-TADS/PNVS (Arrowhead) advanced electro-optical fire control system
- MK 41 Vertical Launching System
- P-3 Orion tactical aircraft (for coastline monitoring, reconnaissance and anti-submarine warfare)
- Patriot Advanced Capability-3 (PAC-3) terminal air defence missile system
- Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS)
Lockheed Martin’s domestic partners include IHI, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, and NEC (all expected to have a significant presence at MAST Asia).