Mon 14 Jan 2019 @ 16:26
MAST Asia exhibitors/sponsors now get a daily summary of defense news stories as they are reported in the Japanese press.
“Japan Defense News Report” is an invaluable, stand-alone, business information product, offered free-of-charge only to MAST Asia exhibitors/sponsors as a unique added value service.
“Our intention is to keep MAST Asia’s supporting organisations better informed and ‘plugged into’ the Japanese defense community every day of the year, not just for the three days of the event,” commented MAST CEO, Warren Edge.
Every day, staff in the MAST Asia Tokyo offices scan, translate and summarise international and Japanese news stories as they are reported in Japan, and compile a bespoke newsletter. The report is sent directly to MAST Asia’s opted-in exhibitors (in most cases, before their working day starts).
- Anyone from exhibiting companies can receive the news, simply request a free subscription from Ms. Akiko Inoue, [email protected]
Mon 14 Jan 2019 @ 16:25
An exclusive briefing for MAST Community members will take place at Hotel Grand Hill Ichigaya, Tokyo from 1230hrs on Tuesday 12th February. After the briefing and Q&As, MAST Asia will host a networking reception.
- 1230–1245hrs: Welcome remarks and commentary on the geo-political scenario surrounding Japanese defense operations and equipment. (Professor Morimoto)
- 1245–1300hrs: Discussion of the transfer of technologies/industry, and recommendation to Japanese companies to sponsor/exhibit at MAST Asia (Invited Japanese government official TBC)
- 1300–1315hrs: Status update on MAST Asia – participating VIPs, sponsors/exhibitors, countries in both exhibition and trade-show, and additional links between MAST Asia and the Japanese defense authorities’/industry. (Convention Linkage/Warren Edge)
- 1315–1330hrs: Q&As
- 1330–1430hrs: Informal reception (assorted Japanese appetisers and soft drinks)
Participants will include representatives of government and commercial defense organisations, embassy officials and media.
- Pre-registration is essential! Confirm your participation now, by email to: [email protected]
Tue 8 Jan 2019 @ 12:25
We are delighted to announce that one of the world’s most diversified defence suppliers will join MAST in Japan (for the first time) this year.
Ultra Electronics Maritime Systems offers solutions in underwater warfare, maritime, land, aerospace, C2ISR, Communications, Nuclear, and Infrastructure.
As the exhibitor list will soon show, there will be increased presence from UK companies in this June’s third edition of MAST Asia – Japan’s only established international defence tradeshow and conference.
- More information on Ultra Electronics Maritime Systems
Wed 2 Jan 2019 @ 16:52
The nucleus of every MAST technical session is the top-notch content and commitment delivered by its participating authors.
As with earlier editions of MAST in Japan, the Technical Conference Committee – already evaluating current abstract submissions – will ensure only the very best papers are accepted for presentation in the globally-renowned conference.
Once again, an overwhelming number of submissions is expected to mean a high number of rejections, just to keep the sessions within MAST’s four-parallel-stream format.
Therefore, for the first time in over a decade, to show our appreciation for all conference contributions (and the time spent on preparing their abstract[s]), all authors taking part in the Call for Papers for MAST Asia and/or Northern Coasts will be extended our lowest rate ever: half the onsite rate.
Upload your abstract(s) now (deadline 25th February for MAST in Japan) and – regardless of whether your paper is accepted or not – you will pay just £500/75,000 Yen to join the full three-day programme at MAST Asia, Japan’s only established international defence trade-show and conference.
Wed 19 Dec 2018 @ 11:44
Organisations wanting to present their work alongside global defence experts from 50 countries in the THIRD biennial MAST Asia – Japan’s only international defence trade-show and conference – should submit their abstract(s) now to ensure the MAST committee have time to review.
The deadline for abstracts is just 25th February 2019, and as with both previous editions is expected to be well oversubscribed.
The committee is particularly interested to receive submissions from naval, air, and ground forces relating to operations (or enabling technologies for operations) in the Indo-Asia-Pacifc region.
Join senior-level military representatives, and give/get the full perspective of defensive and offensive operated platforms and systems in the region.