Tue 17 Aug 2021 @ 9:55
Anyone wishing to attend this year’s Covid-secure MAST conference in Toulon is reminded that the deadline before fees increase is Monday 30th August.
The MAST committee has so far received presentation abstracts by government/military and industry representatives from Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, India, Italy, Malaysia, and USA.
With the overarching theme of “The Mediterranean: Laboratory for Naval Warfare”, the event is expected to offer conference plenary and technical sessions and exhibits focusing on the integrated warfare aspects across the maritime domain (undersea, surface, air, space and cyber).
- Register now at mastconfex.com/register_europe2021
Mon 2 Aug 2021 @ 10:12
Manufacturer of the EMALS (Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System), General Atomics will take the spotlight in Toulon as sponsor, most notably for involvement in France’s PANG (porte avions nouvelle génération), next generation aircraft carrier programme.
EMALS uses electromagnetic technology to launch aircraft from the deck of naval aircraft carriers and offers significant benefits over current launch procedures.
- Increased launch operational ability
- Flexible architecture to suit different platforms
- Capable of launching wide range of aircraft weights
- Reduced manning and lifecycle cost
- Reduced thermal signature
- Reduced topside weight and installed volume
Visit General Atomics at MAST 2021 this October in Toulon.