Call for Papers
MAST Europe 2021 Venue TBC, Toulon, France
Contributions describing new work in MAST’s key domains and topic areas (see chart below) are invited for presentation during the prestigious eighteenth conference in the internationally renowned MAST (Maritime/Air Systems & Technologies) series between 31 August and 2 September 2021, to be held in Toulon, France.
Any Operational and technology-based abstract will be considered within MAST’s broad domains and topic areas, particularly those following up on the plenary sessions:
- Ensuring Maritime Security in the Mediterranean and Atlantic regions – Naval Strategy and Technology Development
- Development and Operation for Air Power
- Technology Development in the New Domain
- Technology Development and Technical Cooperation for Defense Equipment
Your abstract(s) must:
- be in English
- be between 150 and 250 words
- describe what is new/exclusive/relevant about the final paper e.g. in terms of innovation/strategic relevance/interest to MAST’s senior-level global maritime security and defence audience
Commercial presentations will be given in the trade-show area (request details on Product Briefings from Warren Edge – [email protected]).
You should define the paper as operational or technical and distinguish between practical, simulated, and theoretical results. You must submitt no later than Tuesday 24 August 2021.
Where appropriate, clearance from your organisation or relevant national authority should be sought, but is not necessary at the time of submission.
Next step: Use the form on this page to submit your abstract
Instructions for submissions
On the Abstract Submission form, you should:
- Choose Domain
Select which maritime security/defence domain your abstract best fits i.e. that which best defines the predominant domain in which your ideal audience is active. Options are: Air & Space; Surface; Undersea; Cyberspace. Example 1: your paper discusses ASW from a frigate perspective – select “Surface”. Example 2: your paper concerns use of satellites for surface ship surveillance – select “Air & Space”.
- Select Topic area e.g. Operations & Capabilities
- Select Sub-topic category e.g. Missile defence
- Cut-and-paste your abstract text into the form.
Repeat these steps for subsequent submissions. You will receive an email confirmation for each submission.
You will be notified of the committee’s decision to accept or reject your paper, by the conference secretariat. Sub-committee Chairmen and Topic Managers make the final decision of where to allocate your paper (if accepted).
For conference admin enquiries, contact Warren Edge, [email protected].
To submit your paper, you need to be logged in as a member of this site.
Please contact us if you have any questions about upcoming events, or need to discuss any papers you have submitted.