Media & Press
Join our Media & Press List
If you are a member of the press and deal with defence issues, then please Join our Media & Press List.
MAST Asia 2017 – Chiba, Tokyo
Report: Day 1
Report: Day 2
Report: Day 3
MAST Europe 2016 – Amsterdam
Press Kit 2015
What the Papers Say
The New York Times, 12 July 2015
Nippon.com, 11 May 2015
Toyo Keizai Online, 23 May 2015
BBC, 18 May 2015
France 24, 18 May 2015
Neue Zürcher Zeitung, 16 May 2015
Japan Times, 14 May 2015
Deutsche Welle, 14 May 2015
Associated Press, 13 May 2015
Military Technology, 13 May 2015
Tokyo Defence & Aerospace Review, 13 May 2015
- 海洋防衛・セキュリティ装備展「MAST ASIA 2015」が開幕
(Maritime security exhibition MAST Asia 2015 opened)
- JMUディフェンス・システムズ、MAST ASIAで水陸両用車を発表
(JMU Defense Systems announces amphibious vehicle at MAST ASIA)
- BMTグループ、MAST ASIAに高速揚陸艇の模型を出展
(BMT Group exhibits model of high-speed landing craft at MAST ASIA)
- ECAグループ、MAST ASIAに無人機雷処理システムを出展
(ECA Group exhibits unmanned mine-processing system at MAST ASIA)
- タレス、航空機搭載型AEWシステム「CERBERUS」を、MAST ASIAに出展
(Thales’ aircraft-mounted AEW system “CERBERUS” exhibited at MAST ASIA)
RPP Noticias, 13 May 2015
Defense News, 11 June 2015
Japan Times, 20 April 2015
Rossiyskaya Gazeta, 20 April 2015
Following is an approximate translation from the original Russian:
Japan will host an international exhibition of arms called MAST Asia 2015. This event will be the first in the history of the country. Companies from more than 40 countries on 13–15 May will present the achievements of the defense industry in Yokohama.
It is expected that foreign manufacturers will focus on the technologies applied to the sea. Exhibition sites are spread over three thousand square meters. In addition, a series of discussions and round tables are planned in which experts will discuss the prospects of the industry.
We add that Japan will not only play the role of host, but also become an active participant in MAST Asia 2015. The honor of the island nation will defend giants such as Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd., Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd. and several other companies.
Experts point out that Japan is not an accidental host to an exhibition of weapons. The event reflects the policy of the current Prime Minister of Japan Shinzo Abe, who is trying to review the status of the SDF country. The politician is interested in Japan beginning to play a more active military role in the world. This is particularly evidenced by the fact that about a year ago an initiative from the same Abe lifted the ban on the export of Japanese weapons.
Some political scientists emphasize that such actions of the Prime Minister says only one thing: he wants to get rid of the taboos that have been imposed on the Japanese military after World War II. It is seriously concerned about the neighboring countries, especially China and South Korea.
Meanwhile, most of the population of Japan did not support such actions of their government. As the results of the poll, published on Monday edition of “Nikkei”, 52 per cent were opposed to the revision of the country’s defense policy. At the same time only 29 per cent agreed with the plans of the Japanese prime minister.
Add that Shinzo Abe has a quest to support the United States who are interested in the participation of Japanese Self-Defense Forces in various international missions.
Media: Increase your number of subscribers by supporting MAST Europe and MAST Asia
In order to achieve a balanced, mutually beneficial arrangement between MAST and its media supporters, the following charter is drawn for arrangements.
MAST will provide the media partner with:
- 9m2, furnished shell scheme stand at the partnered MAST event
- “Media Partner” branding on all MAST promotional materials, including:
- Exhibition Prospectus
- Printed Agenda 1 (pre-show)
- (Any additional pre-show promotional material)
- Printed Agenda 2 (on-site)
- Signage at the partnered event
- Media Partner profile on the MAST website
In exchange, the Media partner should:
- Carry three full page (or six half page) ads (incl. Front cover) over the course of the year leading up to the MAST event for which the partnership is valid, in the agreed publication(s)
- Host a MAST banner ad on the partnered publication(s) website, until the last day of the partnered event
- Send at least one journalist (or other member of staff) to carry out information gathering/reporting) duties to the event
- Print a one page (or more) show review in the issue immediately following the partnered MAST event